MVP Academy announces the 2017 accelerator finalists
11 tech startups that develop global products in industries as fintech, biotech, industrial automation, retail, security, software development tools and sports & entertainment have been selected for the 4th edition of MVP Academy accelerator.
For nine weeks, all the teams will go through a complex business development process that consists in 1-on-1 meetings with international mentors, workshops and pitch practice sessions. On 8th of May, all the startups will have the opportunity to present their products in front of investors and potential business partners during MVP Academy Demo Day, the final pitching event of the program. Details are available online on www.mvpacademy.co.
Developed in partnership with CyberGhost VPN, with the support of Bitdefender, Microsoft and Raiffeisen Bank, the MVP Academy acceleration program is free and targets tech startups that are working on products aimed at global markets.
The startups that have been selected for the 4th edition of the program are developing global products in industries as fintech, biotech & 3D Printing, industrial automation, retail, security, software development tools and sports & entertainment.
This year’s finalists, that come from Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj and Iași are:
- BOX2M – a technology infrastructure that develops devices and software programs to monitor and control IoT industrial systems.
- CoinFlux – an online service, fast and straightforward, that allows the online bank transfer for virtual money including bitcoin, ether and litecoin.
- Cyber Alter Ego – a browser extension that protects the user’s identity against cyber attacks.
- FeedCheck – an online platform that collects and analyses the reviews of the products sold through online shops.
- Froala – helps developers build and edit beautiful websites with products focused on UX, innovation and customer care.
- PixTeller – an online tool that can be used by anyone to improve and simplify the design process.
- Profluo – a digital platform that uses data to help SMBs to define and develop a personalized business process.
- Road Grand Tours – a multiplayer online world that creates a virtual reality to allow bikers to explore the best roads in the world from the comfort of their home.
- SkillView – an online interviewing platform designed to help companies interview and hire candidates faster and efficiently.
- Symme3D Biotech – the first Romanian independent producer that develops a 3D printing machine for various avascular living tissue and blood vessels from stem cells.
- Wyliodrin – provides a software development platform together with advanced educational services and products designed specifically for IoT.
”It was a very challenging selection process. We have had so many well-developed startups that applied for our program, and we had to select the best 11 startups with the most mature businesses. The MVP Academy community, mentors and alumni alike, have provided an incredible support in identifying the best new teams and products. Congratulations to the all who made it into the program, the challenging part is yet to come: together with the teams we will go through nine weeks of hard work designed to prepare these companies for the global market.” said Bogdan Iordache, Program Director of MVP Academy Accelerator.
The fourth edition of the MVP Academy acceleration program will conclude with Demo Day, a pitching event where the teams will present their startups in front of an audience composed of investors, entrepreneurs, mentors and regional tech experts.
As part of the MVP Academy accelerator 2017, all the companies and founders will have access to various perks valued at over $1 million. Most of these are tools and services that cover startups’ needs to develop their products faster.
MVP Academy is organized in partnership with CyberGhost VPN, with the support of Bitdefender, Microsoft Romania, Raiffeisen Bank and operational aid from F6S.
The program’s media activity is ensured by Start-up.ro, Startup Cafe, EuropaFM, Business Review, Softlead, IQAds, eFinance, Agora, The Trends, with the support of Zelist Monitor and tech professionals communities.